The War for Talent by Michaels, Handfield-Jones, and Axelrod offers the following to support the need for coaching and leadership development:
- One-third of Fortune 500 CEOs last fewer than three years.
- Failure rates among all top executives range between 30% and 75%.
- Over half of first-time senior managers stumble; some never recover.
- Studies indicate that executive leadership quality accounts for as much as 45% of an organization’s performance.
- Only 3% of executives think their company develops people well.